- CAIT Main
- Infrastructure Areas
- Program Sites
- ANDERS - Automated Nondestructive Evaluation and Rehabilitation System
- BEAST - Bridge Evaluation and Accelerated Structural Testing
- CAES - Center for Advanced Energy Systems
- FMP - Freight and Maritime Program
- ICMP - Infrastructure Condition Monitoring Program
- IMG - Information Management Group
- LESS - Laboratory for Energy Smart Systems
- LPS - Laboratory for Port Security
- LTBP - Long-Term Bridge Performance Program
- NJ LTAP - NJ Local Technical Assistance Program
- PRP - Pavement Resource Program
- PSSP - Pipeline Safety and Security Program
- SAM - Structures and Advanced Materials
- SSML - Soil and Sediment Management Laboratory
- TSRC - Transportation Safety Resource Center
- TTG - Technology Transfer Group
CAIT is located on Rutgers’ Busch Campus, at 100 Brett Road in Piscataway, NJ
From the New Jersey Turnpike
Take Exit 9 and follow the signs for Route 18 North‐New Brunswick. After crossing over the Raritan River, take the exit marked Campus Road/Busch Campus/Rutgers Stadium. Continue on Campus Road to the traffic circle. Make the first right (immediately after entering circle) onto Bartholomew Road (you will see a large recreation center on your left and sports fields on your right). At the first stop sign, make a left onto Brett Road. Make the next right onto Bowser Road. Pass the first parking lot on your left (low modular buildings are on your right), then turn left into Lot 59. The CAIT building is on your left as you enter the lot.
From Route 287 North or South
Take Exit 9 River Road for Bound Brook-Highland Park (head toward Highland Park). You will be on River Road for approximately 2 miles when to come to the traffic light at Hoes Lane West. Proceed through that light and make a left at the next light onto Sutphen Road. Continue past the Rutgers Stadium and make the first left onto Scarlet Knight Way. Proceed to the traffic circle and take the second right off the circle to get on Bartholomew Road (you will see a large recreation center on your left and sports fields on your right). At the first stop sign, make a left onto Brett Road. Make the next right onto Bowser Road. Pass the first parking on your left (low modular buildings are on your right), then turn left into Lot 59. The CAIT building is on your left as you enter the lot.
From Route 1 North or South
Take the exit for Route 18 North and proceed with the directions above for the NJ Turnpike.
From the Garden State Parkway North
Take Exit 105 and follow signs for Route 18 North, New Brunswick. Pass the NJ Turnpike entrance and proceed with the directions above for the NJ Turnpike.
From the Garden State Parkway South
Take Exit 129 for the New Jersey Turnpike and travel south. Proceed with the directions above from the NJ Turnpike.
CAIT is accessible via several public transportation modes, including multiple options from Newark International Airport, New York, Philadelphia, and Washington, DC.
The center is conveniently located a short distance from the New Brunswick train station on NJ Transit’s Northeast Corridor Line.
Free Campus Bus Service
Free transport from the train station is available on the New BrunsQuick Shuttle, which links to the Rutgers Campus Bus System. Rutgers campus buses are free and offer frequent service to all five campuses in New Brunswick and Piscataway. Taxi service is also available from the New Brunswick train station and MetroPark in Iselin, NJ.