- CAIT Main
- Infrastructure Areas
- Program Sites
- ANDERS - Automated Nondestructive Evaluation and Rehabilitation System
- BEAST - Bridge Evaluation and Accelerated Structural Testing
- CAES - Center for Advanced Energy Systems
- FMP - Freight and Maritime Program
- ICMP - Infrastructure Condition Monitoring Program
- IMG - Information Management Group
- LESS - Laboratory for Energy Smart Systems
- LPS - Laboratory for Port Security
- LTBP - Long-Term Bridge Performance Program
- NJ LTAP - NJ Local Technical Assistance Program
- PRP - Pavement Resource Program
- PSSP - Pipeline Safety and Security Program
- SAM - Structures and Advanced Materials
- SSML - Soil and Sediment Management Laboratory
- TSRC - Transportation Safety Resource Center
- TTG - Technology Transfer Group
Travel/Transportation & Directions
Area airports are served by all major carriers. Distance from Heldrich Hotel and Conference Center:
• Newark Liberty International Airport (25 miles)* Recommended airport
• LaGuardia International Airport (48 miles)
• Kennedy International Airport (50 miles)
• Philadelphia International Airport (75 miles)
NJ Transit Northeast Corridor Rail Line: Runs between New York Penn Station and Trenton, New Jersey, New Brunswick Train Station is approximately four blocks from the hotel.
New Jersey Transit's Northeast Corridor line and Amtrak's regional line both stop in New Brunswick. NJ Transit Trains run every 20‐45 minutes depending on time of day and include a stop at Newark Liberty International Airport (AirTran monorail connects NJ Transit station and airport terminals. Monorail runs every 3-8 minutes.
- Arriving Airline Passengers: After claiming your baggage, follow signs within the terminal to the AirTrain station. You can purchase your train ticket from NJ TRANSIT Ticket Vending Machines located at the AirTrain station. Then, simply ride AirTrain to the airport rail station to board your NJ TRANSIT train, taking the Northeast Corridor to New Brunswick.
- Departing Airline Passengers: From New Brunswick, board a Northeast Corridor train to Newark Liberty International Airport Station. Consult departure screens for more information. TIP: Trains that stop at the airport are designated with an airplane or "EWR" on departure boards. Allow about 15 minutes to travel between the rail station and your airport terminal. Purchase your ticket before boarding the train. Tickets may be purchased from ticket vending machines or ticket agents at your boarding station. Or, conveniently buy and display your rail ticket from your mobile device using the NJ TRANSIT MyTix app.
From New York City, take New Jersey Transit and/or Amtrak to the New Brunswick train station. From Philadelphia, take the R7 SEPTA line to Trenton, NJ and then take New Jersey Transit to New Brunswick. The New Brunswick train station is approximately one hour from New York City and Philadelphia. From southern New Jersey, take the RiverLine to Trenton, NJ and then take New Jersey Transit to New Brunswick.
Walking from the Train Station: The Heldrich Center is within 10 minutes walking distance of the station. Cross Albany Street (Route 27) and turn left (going north). Walk a block and a half to George Street. Turn right (going east) onto George Street and walk four blocks to Livingston Avenue. Turn right onto Livingston Avenue; the entrance to the Heldrich Hotel and Conference Center is on your left at the corner of Livingston Avenue and New Street.
By Taxi: A taxi stand is located outside of the New Brunswick station near the Albany Street entrance. The address for the Heldrich Hotel and Conference Center is 10 Livingston Avenue.
From the New Jersey Turnpike (north or south):
Take Exit 9 to Route 18 North. Keep right for the local lanes. Take the New Street Exit. Proceed onto New Street to the corner of Livingston Avenue. The Heldrich Center is on your right at the intersection of Livingston Avenue and New Street.
From the Garden State Parkway South:
Take Exit 129 to the New Jersey Turnpike South. Take Exit 9 for Route 18 North and follow the Turnpike directions above.
From Garden State Parkway North:
Take Exit 105 to Route 18 North and follow the directions listed above, or take Exit 129 to the New Jersey Turnpike South and follow the Turnpike directions listed above.
From Route 1 (North or South):
Take Route 1 to the intersection of Route 18 and take the exit for Route 18 North. Follow the directions listed above.
From Route 287:
Take Exit 10 to Easton Avenue (New Brunswick). Proceed on Easton Avenue for approximately 7 miles until it ends at Albany Street (at the New Brunswick train station). Turn left onto Albany Street; go a block and a half to George Street. Turn right at George Street and go 4 blocks to Livingston Avenue. Turn right onto Livingston Avenue; the Heldrich Center will be on your left at the next intersection, the corner of Livingston Avenue and New Street.
The Morris Street Self Parking Garage, located on New Street (between Livingston Avenue and George Street next to Rockoff Hall), behind the Heldrich, is the parking garage used by the Heldrich Hotel and Conference Center. Parking costs are on your own.