- CAIT Main
- Infrastructure Areas
- Program Sites
- ANDERS - Automated Nondestructive Evaluation and Rehabilitation System
- BEAST - Bridge Evaluation and Accelerated Structural Testing
- CAES - Center for Advanced Energy Systems
- FMP - Freight and Maritime Program
- ICMP - Infrastructure Condition Monitoring Program
- IMG - Information Management Group
- LESS - Laboratory for Energy Smart Systems
- LPS - Laboratory for Port Security
- LTBP - Long-Term Bridge Performance Program
- NJ LTAP - NJ Local Technical Assistance Program
- PRP - Pavement Resource Program
- PSSP - Pipeline Safety and Security Program
- SAM - Structures and Advanced Materials
- SSML - Soil and Sediment Management Laboratory
- TSRC - Transportation Safety Resource Center
- TTG - Technology Transfer Group
FMP advocates for more efficient and sustainable ways to move freight, responsibly manage resources, and improve supply chain flow to benefit shippers, consumers, and the environment.
The U.S. freight system is a linchpin in the economy. Dramatically increasing freight flows are creating congestion in ports, at inland facilities, and throughout our transportation system. This carries significant costs for business, end users, and the planet.
FMP is a unique resource center that addresses complex problems of the dynamic freight and maritime industries. Working closely with businesses and government agencies ensures our approach and solutions remain practical, pragmatic, and effective.
FMP Focus Areas