- CAIT Main
- Infrastructure Areas
- Program Sites
- ANDERS - Automated Nondestructive Evaluation and Rehabilitation System
- BEAST - Bridge Evaluation and Accelerated Structural Testing
- CAES - Center for Advanced Energy Systems
- FMP - Freight and Maritime Program
- ICMP - Infrastructure Condition Monitoring Program
- IMG - Information Management Group
- LESS - Laboratory for Energy Smart Systems
- LPS - Laboratory for Port Security
- LTBP - Long-Term Bridge Performance Program
- NJ LTAP - NJ Local Technical Assistance Program
- PRP - Pavement Resource Program
- PSSP - Pipeline Safety and Security Program
- SAM - Structures and Advanced Materials
- SSML - Soil and Sediment Management Laboratory
- TSRC - Transportation Safety Resource Center
- TTG - Technology Transfer Group
Data analysis and management is a core component of maintaining and managing infrastructure assets, and a invaluable decision-making tool for transportation agencies.
The roads and highways we use each day are our country's largest physical asset. Strained budgets and resources do not negate high demands and expectations that transportation agencies do more with less.
CAIT's IMG develops and implements decision-support tools that enable better use of resources throughout the life cycle of infrastructure facilities. These tools provide significant benefits for agencies, and perhaps more importantly, for everyone who uses our roads, bridges, airports, and other infrastructure daily. IMG addresses technical challenges in data management and systems operation, with a focus on decision-support tools.
IMG consists of a team of interdisciplinary faculty, undergraduate and graduate students, professional application programmers, and program managers.
Together, the team's efforts involve:
- Data validation and process verification
- Automation methodology and technology for data acquisition
- Data mining and analysis
- Predictive modeling
- Development of cost/benefit analysis tools
- System optimization
IMG supports virtually all other CAIT programs with IT and data management and analysis. For example, IMG partnered with CAIT's Transportation Safety Resource Center (TSRC) to create Plan4Safety, a powerful, web-based crash data analysis tool.
IMG is involved in enhancement of NJDOT's pavement management system (PMS) and is working with FHWA Turner-Fairbank Highway Research Center on advanced nondestructive evaluation and condition monitoring for bridge management systems. Similarly, IMG is working on development of information management systems and decision-support tools for large infrastructure projects by deploying data management systems in the field across the United States and abroad.