- CAIT Main
- Infrastructure Areas
- Program Sites
- ANDERS - Automated Nondestructive Evaluation and Rehabilitation System
- BEAST - Bridge Evaluation and Accelerated Structural Testing
- CAES - Center for Advanced Energy Systems
- FMP - Freight and Maritime Program
- ICMP - Infrastructure Condition Monitoring Program
- IMG - Information Management Group
- LESS - Laboratory for Energy Smart Systems
- LPS - Laboratory for Port Security
- LTBP - Long-Term Bridge Performance Program
- NJ LTAP - NJ Local Technical Assistance Program
- PRP - Pavement Resource Program
- PSSP - Pipeline Safety and Security Program
- SAM - Structures and Advanced Materials
- SSML - Soil and Sediment Management Laboratory
- TSRC - Transportation Safety Resource Center
- TTG - Technology Transfer Group
Resources & Links
Federal Aid Essentials
Need an answer about federal aid requirements? Take advantage of the Federal Highway Administration’s online video library of Federal Aid Essentials designed specifically for LPAs, which illustrate key components of the Federal-aid program. The informational videos highlight the purposes and benefits of policies, regulations, and best practices. Over one hundred videos cover a wide range of topics of topics, including:
Topics have been condensed from complex federal regulations into easy-to-understand modules complete with real world examples. With each video under 10 minutes long, critical topics are addressed quickly and to the point. The videos are further accompanied by links to State and Federal resources such as web sites, manuals, and local technical assistance programs, ensuring you get a complete answer to your most pressing Federal-Aid questions.
For your convenience, the New Jersey Local Technical Assistance Program has made available a series of educational materials covering a wide range of topics that could be useful to your municipality. Whether its the best way to maintain your asphalt roads or fact sheets to help you manage your Federal Dollars, NJLTAP has the information you need.
- New Jersey Local Technical Assistance Program Brochure
- Asphalt Maintenance Factsheet
- Federally Funded Projects on the Local Level
According to the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), “Retroreflectivity” refers to the ability of a traffic sign to reflect light back to driver, pedestrians, or cyclist. This becomes particularly important at night where poor visibility becomes an issue. In an attempt to remedy this and improve safety standards, FHWA has released standards detailing minimum levels of acceptable sign retroreflectivity.
Federal Surface Transportation Act Portal
Check out AASHTO's portal for information on federal surface transportation authorization. This is a regularly updated resource on MAP-21 reauthorization and implementation of the Fixing America's Surface Transportation (FAST) Act. Included is a breakdown of the bill, summaries, implementation strategies, and congresional proposals involved in its passing. AASHTO welcomes your input in making this portal as useful as possible! Please contact Bryan Hong of AASHTO at firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestions
Technical Support For Local Agencies
NJ LTAP offers no-cost technical assistance and support to counties and municipalities who are facing engineering challenges such as safety improvement and infrastructure management. While NJLTAP cannot provide design, professional engineering, or consulting services, we can give guidance before or during your itneractions with professional engineering consultants and contractors and assist in interpreting regulations such as those set forth in the Manual for Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD).
On the following page, you will find some of the programs that NJ LTAP supports.
2011 NJDOT Workzone Setup Guide - (Most Current Edition)