- CAIT Main
- Infrastructure Areas
- Program Sites
- ANDERS - Automated Nondestructive Evaluation and Rehabilitation System
- BEAST - Bridge Evaluation and Accelerated Structural Testing
- FMP - Freight and Maritime Program
- ICMP - Infrastructure Condition Monitoring Program
- IMG - Information Management Group
- LESS - Laboratory for Energy Sustainability and Systems
- LPS - Laboratory for Port Security
- LTBP - Long-Term Bridge Performance Program
- NJ LTAP - NJ Local Technical Assistance Program
- PRP - Pavement Resource Program
- PSSP - Pipeline Safety and Security Program
- SAM - Structures and Advanced Materials
- SSML - Soil and Sediment Management Laboratory
- TSRC - Transportation Safety Resource Center
- TTG - Technology Transfer Group
PRP has expertise in asphalt technology, research, testing, and comprehensive pavement management systems that serves federal, state, and local transportation agencies and the pavement industry.
Years of field experience, engineering know-how, extensive laboratory equipment, and the experts behind it all—CAIT’s PRP is one of the oldest, most experienced, and most accomplished pavement laboratories in the country.
PRP leads innovations in pavement technology, engineering, and pavement management systems (PMS). The program’s services include field and laboratory testing and evaluation, development of advanced pavement-related information systems, and conducting specialized training/educational programs for DOTs and other state pavement professionals. PRP research engineers were instrumental in developing the pavement management system (PMS) for NJDOT.
PRP is home to Rutgers Asphalt Pavement Laboratory (RAPL), which has more than $3 million in permanent equipment and set-ups. It is one of only a few university research labs accredited by AASHTO.
PRP Areas of Expertise
- Asphalt engineering
- Performance testing
- Acoustics testing/OBSI
- Field testing and evaluation
- Maintenance and rehabilitation strategies optimization
- Pavement asset management systems
- Training and educational programs