- CAIT Main
- Infrastructure Areas
- Program Sites
- ANDERS - Automated Nondestructive Evaluation and Rehabilitation System
- BEAST - Bridge Evaluation and Accelerated Structural Testing
- FMP - Freight and Maritime Program
- ICMP - Infrastructure Condition Monitoring Program
- IMG - Information Management Group
- LESS - Laboratory for Energy Smart Systems
- LPS - Laboratory for Port Security
- LTBP - Long-Term Bridge Performance Program
- NJ LTAP - NJ Local Technical Assistance Program
- PRP - Pavement Resource Program
- PSSP - Pipeline Safety and Security Program
- SAM - Structures and Advanced Materials
- SSML - Soil and Sediment Management Laboratory
- TSRC - Transportation Safety Resource Center
- TTG - Technology Transfer Group
The crash analysis tool that makes it safer to drive, walk, and live on our roadways.
Plan4Safety is a decision support tool created for the New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) and is a multi-layered decision support program for transportation engineers, planners, enforcement, and decision makers in New Jersey's transportation and safety agencies to analyze crash data in geospatial and tabular forms.
A picture is worth 1,000 lives
More than identifying crash hot spots which merit further investigation, Plan4Safety integrates statewide crash data, roadway characteristic data, calculates statistical analyses, incorporates network screening layers and models, and includes visual analytical tools (GIS).
NJDOT—for whom the program was developed—metropolitan planning organizations, county and local engineers, and other decision makers all use Plan4Safety to help resolve critical issues and assess the most sound and cost-effective ways to approach safety management, enforcement and safety.