- CAIT Main
- Infrastructure Areas
- Program Sites
- ANDERS - Automated Nondestructive Evaluation and Rehabilitation System
- BEAST - Bridge Evaluation and Accelerated Structural Testing
- CAES - Center for Advanced Energy Systems
- FMP - Freight and Maritime Program
- ICMP - Infrastructure Condition Monitoring Program
- IMG - Information Management Group
- LESS - Laboratory for Energy Smart Systems
- LPS - Laboratory for Port Security
- LTBP - Long-Term Bridge Performance Program
- NJ LTAP - NJ Local Technical Assistance Program
- PRP - Pavement Resource Program
- PSSP - Pipeline Safety and Security Program
- SAM - Structures and Advanced Materials
- SSML - Soil and Sediment Management Laboratory
- TSRC - Transportation Safety Resource Center
- TTG - Technology Transfer Group
Updates & Features
CAIT safety expert presenting at NACE/Florida APWA Expo
Andy Kaplan, safety program manager for the Transportation Safety Resource Center at CAIT, will give a technical presentation at the National Association of County Engineers and American Public Works Association 2015 Joint Expo and Annual Conference on April 21st.
Kaplan's talk, "Moving Beyond Just Crashes to Improve Roadway Safety," will cover both qualitative and quantitative methods for conducting a safety analysis using resources available to local agency staff. (posted April 15, 2015)
TSRC RSAs lead to safety improvements in Jersey City
Recommendations from a 2013 Road Safety Audit examining a dangerous stretch of road in Hudson County—conducted by CAIT's Transportation Safety Resource Center (TSRC), local officials, and community groups—resulted in a $3 million grant from NJTPA to Jersey City for installing traffic and pedestrian signals at 16 intersections.
CAIT to Provide Behavioral Data for NJTPA Pedestrian Safety Advertising Campaign
CAIT is working with a consultant team to evaluate the impact of a pedestrian safety campaign developed for NJTPA on safe walking behaviors.
"Click It or Ticket" Seatbelt Enforcement Starts in New Jersey
Beginning May 20, 2013, New Jersey law enforcement officials will aggressively seek out drivers and passengers who fail to wear seatbelts.
TSRC RSA Program Featured in Latest Issue of Rutgers Today
Rutgers civil engineer Dr. Eric Gonzales and TSRC engineer Andy Kaplan assess some of New Brunswick's busiest intersections to improve traffic safety.
"Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over" Kicks Off in New Jersey
New Jersey police departments received $400,000 in federal funds to crack down on holiday drunk driving.
8th Annual New Jersey Safety Forum: Recap
Intersection and pedestrian safety issues were the theme at this year's forum--including an exposé on the Red-Light Running (RLR) camera program.
Put the Brakes on Fatalities Day: October 10, 2012
The national day of traffic safety awareness celebrates 11 years and a marked decline in traffic deaths.
CAIT Wins Three International Awards
The Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) recognized CAIT with awards in three separate categories at their 2012 Annual Meeting.
New Jersey Bill Requires More Driver Education for Teens and Parents
A new bill requires more behind-the-wheel instruction for permit holders--and mandatory online training for their parents.
DHTS offers grants to police deparmtents to participate in NHTSA's "Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over" campaign to curb drunk driving.
TSRC's Winter Safety Checklist
TSRC offers some advice to gear up vehicles for optimal winter safety.