- CAIT Main
- Infrastructure Areas
- Program Sites
- ANDERS - Automated Nondestructive Evaluation and Rehabilitation System
- BEAST - Bridge Evaluation and Accelerated Structural Testing
- CAES - Center for Advanced Energy Systems
- FMP - Freight and Maritime Program
- ICMP - Infrastructure Condition Monitoring Program
- IMG - Information Management Group
- LESS - Laboratory for Energy Smart Systems
- LPS - Laboratory for Port Security
- LTBP - Long-Term Bridge Performance Program
- NJ LTAP - NJ Local Technical Assistance Program
- PRP - Pavement Resource Program
- PSSP - Pipeline Safety and Security Program
- SAM - Structures and Advanced Materials
- SSML - Soil and Sediment Management Laboratory
- TSRC - Transportation Safety Resource Center
- TTG - Technology Transfer Group
Programs & Initiatives
TTG programs and initiatives run the gamut of K-12 programs, professional development courses, safety initiatives, and research.
In addition to the robust New Jersey Local Technical Assistance Program (NJ LTAP) and the new Pipeline Safety and Security Program (PSSP), TTG develops and coordinates a range of transportation-related projects.
Work Zone Safety Partnership
Roadway construction and maintenance workers are as vulnerable as pedestrians when they work in traffic. Nearly 1,000 lives are lost every year in work zones across the country. These workers, whether on foot, on construction equipment, or in vehicles must be trained and remain vigilant about their environment in order to protect themselves against errant motorists.
As the name suggests, the Work Zone Safety Partnership is an amalgamation of professional organization and government agencies. Participants include American Traffic Safety Services Association-NJ (ATSSA-NJ), Associated General Contractors (AGC), Construction Industry Advancement Program of New Jersey (CIAP), Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), General Laborers’ Locals 172 and 472, Laborers’ Health and Safety Fund, New Jersey Asphalt Pavement Association (NJAPA), New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT), New Jersey Division of Highway Traffic Safety (NJDHTS), U.S. Department of Labor-Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Utility Contractors Association (UCA), and state and local police.
Bringing all these groups together with the common purpose of improving work zone safety has been the responsibility of TTG for 10 years.
Garrett Morgan Academy
In partnership with the Paterson, New Jersey, public school system, CAIT supports and participates in activities with the Garrett Morgan Academy, a four-year high school program that offers a college prep and pre-engineering program focused on preparing students for careers in transportation. Garrett Morgan graduated its first class in 2004.
New Jersey Summer Transportation Institute
The New Jersey Summer Transportation Institute is a four-week summer program that introduces incoming high school students to a variety of careers, information, and experiences in the transportation industry. It is offered jointly by the Garrett Morgan Academy and CAIT. You can read more about the Summer Transportation Institute in the CAIT’s main education section.