Photos for download (password required)
There currently are two collections of high-resolution images available for download by the press and trade media: photos of the BEAST’s construction and of the completed facility.
A password is required to view and access these images. Please contact CAIT by calling 848-445-0579 or email email@example.com with the subject line “BEAST image request” to obtain password.
Using the photos
The credit line and a general caption is contained in the metadata of each photo.
The appropriate credit/attribution must appear with the image in any medium (web, print, PowerPoints, signage, videos, etc.)
For those unfamiliar with accessing image metadata, it can be viewed through Adobe Bridge or a similar image viewing program. Expand the IPTC core tab, scroll down to the “credit line” field; do not use the “creator” field as credit.
CAIT kindly requests you send a copy of the final piece, or a link if it is web content or a video, to the CAIT communications director.
General media coverage of the BEAST and dedication day
- NJTV video report (10/14/15): The BEAST built to rescue New Jersey’s infrastructure
- WPTZ TV (10/29/15): Vermont-built machine evaluates bridge design
- nj.com video and article (10/15/15): Could this Rutgers lab hold the key to fixing America’s crumbling bridges?
- Meet the BEAST: A short documentary about why we need the BEAST and how it works (11 mins)
- Belly of the BEAST: Animation excerpt from Meet the BEAST visualizing operation
- Birth of the BEAST: Time lapse video of BEAST construction
Print and online publications
- Rutgers Magazine, Winter 2016 issue: “BEAST of Burden”
- mycentraljersey.com article and photos (10/15/15): “Rutgers tests wear and tear on bridges”
- Rutgers Today (10/14/15): “Rutgers launches world’s first accelerated testing facility for bridges”