CAIT project no.: TWIN-RU4474
Fiscal Year: 2008/2009
Rutgers-CAIT Author(s): Ali Maher, Ph.D.
External Author(s): Boris Stein, Twining Laboratories
Sponsor(s): New Jersey Department of Transportation
The objectives of this project were:
- To analyze scope of work currently performed by the NJDOT Bureau of Materials,
- To understand, based on facts available, current mission of the Bureau of Materials,
- To understand past and current tasks performed by CAIT for NJDOT and to establish future needs in the area of rigid pavements and structural concrete,
- To develop in collaboration with CAIT a vision proposal for future work with NJDOT, encompassing experience of both organizations, CAIT and Twining Laboratories, in:
• Concrete and concrete materials testing and evaluation for quality control and quality assurance purposes,
• Methods and equipment for non-destructive testing and monitoring pavements and structures,
• Developing and implementing innovative concrete mixtures for building transportation infrastructure, and
• Developing and implementing accelerated construction methods.
- To develop in collaboration with CAIT a workplan for integrating into various technical activities of NJDOT in the area of rigid pavements and structural concrete.