NJDHTS – Data-Driven Countermeasures for Traffic Safety – Webinar
- January 19, 2022–January 20, 2022
- 8:00 am–4:00 pm
PLEASE NOTE: Your application to participate in this course and the pre-requisite documents must be submitted by 12 noon on January 5, 2022 to David Maruca at email@example.com
This hands-on course will provide Project Managers and Grant Writers the tools necessary to extract data related to crash prone areas, develop and submit a grant to the Division of Highway Traffic Safety, implement proven countermeasures and strategies to proactively address traffic safety issue(s), and measure the impact of their intervention(s). This course will take you step-by-step on how to utilize the Crash Analysis Tool (CAT) in a computer lab or webinar by first developing queries for your specific town that identify crash prone locations. Those queries will be saved and exported to form the justification for your DHTS grant proposal.
PREREQUISITES: In order to be eligible for consideration, you must:
- Be a statewide qualifying Non-Profit, Municipal, County or State Agency in the State of New Jersey with a Traffic Safety related issue
- Complete the attached Questionnaire and provide a Letter of Support from Command Staff or Agency Administration
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be registered with NJDCA Green SAGE and Blue Sage and have a Blue Sage username and password
- Have a username and password for the Crash Analysis Tool
- Receive approval from Rutgers CAIT to attend the course
***emphasis given to the crash prone venues***
To receive a DDCFTS certificate of completion, you shall:
- Attend all three days of the course not missing more than two and a half hours in total
- Be a current SAGE grantee or minimally be registered with NJDCA Green Sage and Blue Sage and have access. Links are below:
- Have a username and password for the Crash Analysis Tool (Email Joseph Weiss – Joseph.Weiss@njoag.gov)
- Have a Traffic Safety issue that you want addressed through countermeasures
- Have authorization from your agency to write grants and/or be the project manager
- Prepare and submit a grant proposal in the DHTS Sage E-Grants system before April 30, 2022
- Grant approved by DHTS by September 30, 2022
- Implement the terms of your grant between October 1st of the current calendar year and September 30th of the following year.
- Prepare and deliver a 10-20 minute presentation at the conclusion of your grant focused on the successes and challenges of your grant implementation and countermeasures
Approved attendees will receive the following materials in the mail prior to the start of the webinar:
- Access to a computer and printer if in-person training occurs
- Flash drive
- Power point presentations
- Template of a grant
- countermeasure handouts
- critique form
Please provide your FULL AND CURRENT MAILING ADDRESS during registration.
Ed O’Connor/Ray Reeve/Joseph Weiss/Frank Neary, Division of Highway Traffic Safety
|Sponsors / Partners||
This course is offered free to Law Enforcement Professionals and Traffic Safety Organizations thanks to funding and support from the New Jersey Division of Traffic Safety. For more information, contact David Maruca, CAIT Project Manager, email@example.com.
Withdrawal Policy: In the event that you are unable to attend a program for any reason, please note you must submit your withdrawal in writing at least 72 hours in advance of the start of a program to receive a refund. If am emailed or faxed withdrawal is not received by our department, the full program fee will be charged and is nonrefundable. A phone call asking for withdrawal is not sufficient.