- This event has passed.
NJLTAP – Roundabouts Workshop (Mercer)
- March 22
- 8:30 am–4:00 pm
This is a one-day workshop. This class aims to advance the practitioner’s knowledge of roundabout basics as well as fundamentals of traffic operations and geometric design. We will share both best and noteworthy practices, as well as the latest research in modern roundabout design. Topics introduced will cover:
- Introduction to Modern Roundabouts
- Roundabout Types and Contexts
- Traffic Operations Fundamentals
- Geometric Design Fundamentals
- Design Details
- Roundabout Design Guidance
- Roundabout Education
Attendees are encouraged to bring local case studies of current or potential roundabout projects to be discussed during the workshop.
*NO MEALS ARE PROVIDED. THERE WILL BE A LUNCH BREAK.
- Describe why roundabouts are a safe intersection alternative
- Understand at least two important aspects of roundabout traffic analysis
- Describe the importance of right sizing roundabouts
- Learn about multiple roundabouts resources
Local and state roadway agencies and consultant engineers, public safety and public works.
CPWM 6 Technical Contact Hours Applied For; 6 PDH
Hillary Isebrands, PE, PhD, Senior Safety Engineer – FHWA Resource Center Safety and Design Technical Services Team
This workshop is sponsored by the Federal Highway Administration and New Jersey Department of Transportation through the New Jersey Local Technical Assistance Program.
Withdrawal Policy: In the event that you are unable to attend a program for any reason, please note you must submit your withdrawal in writing at least 72 hours in advance of the start of a program to receive a refund. If am emailed or faxed withdrawal is not received by our department, the full program fee will be charged and is nonrefundable. A phone call asking for withdrawal is not sufficient.