- This event has passed.
UITP Academy: Ticketing and Fare Management for North America
- November 6, 2023–November 8, 2023
- 9:00 am–5:00 pm
Ticketing is the key for public transport operators and authorities to collect fares from the passengers. Nowadays, the increasing use of technology supports the need of various fare types and payment methods transforming from classic paper tickets to contactless cards and smart phones, while opening up endless opportunities for data collection and analysis. The challenge starts with trying to understand closed-loop vs open-loop, card-centric vs system-centric, prepaid vs post-paid, account-based ticketing, open payment, SIM-centric mobile ticketing, Secure Element, HCE, interoperability, multi-service, beacons, NFC, QR code…and so on. This course aims to help transit professionals improve operational efficiency and adapt to new challenges on fare management and ticketing.
- Understand, analyze and discuss available ticketing systems and fare management trends
- Giving a worldwide overview of practices and solutions in ticketing
- Lay the basis of tariff structures, pricing and fare policy, essential to the design of a ticketing solution
- Detailing the different technologies and solutions on the market
- Discuss the opportunities created by account based and mobile ticketing and learn from practice on their implementation
- Discuss implications for Mobility as a Service (MaaS)
- Staff from public transport operators and authorities responsible for the ticketing systems
- Staff from the industry worldwide involved in the market uptake in this area: ITS companies, app-developers, software compilers
- Professionals from operations, engineering, finance departments
- Professionals interested in obtaining a wider and international perspective on ticketing and fare management and eager to learn more from best practice worldwide
|Sponsors / Partners
This course is offered as part of the UITP North American Regional Training Center, a partnership between:
Withdrawal Policy: In the event that you are unable to attend a program for any reason, please note you must submit your withdrawal in writing at least 72 hours in advance of the start of a program to receive a refund. If am emailed or faxed withdrawal is not received by our department, the full program fee will be charged and is nonrefundable. A phone call asking for withdrawal is not sufficient.