UITP Academy – Electric Buses: Fleet & Infrastructure Planning, Operations and Maintenance for North America
- September 27–September 29
- 9:00 am–5:00 pm
With more and more metropolitan areas targeting zero-emission environments, an increasing number of cities, transport authorities, and operators are considering a fully electric solution for their urban bus networks. In this context, the UITP Academy designed this training program on Electric Buses offering a comprehensive overview of the electric solution for urban bus networks including setting a long-term city strategy -in terms of energy transition, the definition of a charging strategy, the choice of technology and the way to the procurement, and the implementation and operation of the system.
- Introduce the electric solution, the different types of technologies, and compare their benefits and drawbacks
- Understand the products on offer and the mainstream technology options available, competition, and the maturity level of the suppliers
- Understand how to develop an operational and charging strategy
- Learn from experience how to plan, implement and run electric bus lines successfully
- Understand the implications for operations and infrastructure
- Learn from successful major electric bus project implementations including electric bus system procurement
- Understand how technology and data management can help to optimize your operations
- Project managers, engineers, and other professionals eager to learn more about the technology, the implementation, and the running of electric buses.
- Staff from public transport operators or authorities planning to extend a fully-electric solution to the core part of their urban bus network.
- Staff from the bus industry worldwide involved in the market uptake of electric buses.
- Professionals interested in obtaining a wider and international perspective on electric buses and eager to learn more from international best practice.
|Sponsors / Partners||
This course is offered as part of the UITP North American Regional Training Center, a partnership between:
Withdrawal Policy: In the event that you are unable to attend a program for any reason, please note you must submit your withdrawal in writing at least 72 hours in advance of the start of a program to receive a refund. If am emailed or faxed withdrawal is not received by our department, the full program fee will be charged and is nonrefundable. A phone call asking for withdrawal is not sufficient.