- This event has passed.
In-Person Event – NJLTAP – Common Sense Solutions for Intersection Problems
- September 26
- 8:30 am–4:00 pm
This course provides participants with (1) a basic understanding of intersection safety issues, (2) “how to” information for common safety tasks and low cost safety improvements that do not require an engineered design, and (3) background information on safety tasks that do not require an engineer. This workshop also outlines areas where non-engineers can assist traffic engineers in the safety process, and help them to understand when an engineer needs to be consulted to make a safety related change to an intersection.
Intended Audience: Individuals conducting engineering and traffic studies and those responsible for identifying safety problem and potential solution including street superintendents, public works employees, municipal managers, elected officials, and engineers. The course focus is on the non-engineer. This course is not geared towards law enforcement.
Rutgers COVID-19 Classroom Protocols
Rutgers University has implemented the following guidelines for all attendees of in-person, indoor workshops taking place in classroom spaces. The following guidelines must be followed in order to attend any in-person course:
- BRING YOUR PROOF OF VACCINATION OR NEGATIVE COVID-19 TEST
- All workshop attendees will be required to show proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the CDC or proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test before entering the classroom space.
- Attendees can display proof of vaccination status with a vaccination card (you may present proof on paper or a smartphone) or NJ’s Docket App and similar Apps.
- Unvaccinated attendees including those with a medical or religious exception to vaccinations must show proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of the start of the workshop. The test results must clearly show the date and time of the test.
- WEAR A FACE MASK
- All attendees regardless of vaccination status will be required to wear an appropriate face mask while inside the classroom. Masks must fit snugly, covering the nose and mouth with no gaps. Neck garters and bandanas are not acceptable.
Any attendee that does not show proof of being fully vaccinated or a negative COVID-19 PCR test, and/or not wearing a face mask will not be permitted to attend the workshop. If there are any changes to the University guidelines prior to the workshop, all attendees will be notified of the changes.
If you are feeling ill the day of the workshop, we kindly ask that you do not attend the workshop. Due to Rutgers strict COVID policies, not all drinking fountains are currently available for use. Please bring your own water as there are no vending machines in the building.
If you are not comfortable with the University’s in-person workshop guidelines, please do not register for this workshop.
This workshop is sponsored by the Federal Highway Administration and New Jersey Department of Transportation through the New Jersey Local Technical Assistance Program.
6 PDHs, DLGS CPWM 5.0 technical contact hours, 1 government contact hour
Withdrawal Policy: In the event that you are unable to attend a program for any reason, please note you must submit your withdrawal in writing at least 72 hours in advance of the start of a program to receive a refund. If am emailed or faxed withdrawal is not received by our department, the full program fee will be charged and is nonrefundable. A phone call asking for withdrawal is not sufficient.