NJLTAP – Winter Operations: Snow and Ice Control for Managers and Supervisors
- October 15
- 8:00 am–3:30 pm
Managing Winters Operations/Snow and Ice Control requires that those involved have a broad and diverse knowledge base. The ability to plan and prepare, train available staff and to make quick critical decisions are requirements of a successful Manager/Supervisor involved in Winter Operations/Snow and Ice Control.
This presentation will focus on the following:
1) Planning and Developing Policy for Winter Operations
2) Snow and Ice Control Chemicals and Materials
- Applying the right material at the right time and the right place
- Environmental Impacts
3) Equipment Needs
4) Weather and Pavement Forecasting Services
5) Snow and ice control strategies
6) Preparing and Utilizing Snow and Ice Control Chemical/Material Treatment Plans
7) Common mistakes made during snow and ice control operations.
8) Personnel Resources and Training
This course is free to Managers and Supervisors but registration is required.
CPWM 3 management, 3 technical contact horus
Withdrawal Policy: In the event that you are unable to attend a program for any reason, please note you must submit your withdrawal in writing at least 72 hours in advance of the start of a program to receive a refund. If am emailed or faxed withdrawal is not received by our department, the full program fee will be charged and is nonrefundable. A phone call asking for withdrawal is not sufficient.