- CAIT Main
- Infrastructure Areas
- Program Sites
- ANDERS - Automated Nondestructive Evaluation and Rehabilitation System
- BEAST - Bridge Evaluation and Accelerated Structural Testing
- CAES - Center for Advanced Energy Systems
- FMP - Freight and Maritime Program
- ICMP - Infrastructure Condition Monitoring Program
- IMG - Information Management Group
- LESS - Laboratory for Energy Smart Systems
- LPS - Laboratory for Port Security
- LTBP - Long-Term Bridge Performance Program
- NJ LTAP - NJ Local Technical Assistance Program
- PRP - Pavement Resource Program
- PSSP - Pipeline Safety and Security Program
- SAM - Structures and Advanced Materials
- SSML - Soil and Sediment Management Laboratory
- TSRC - Transportation Safety Resource Center
- TTG - Technology Transfer Group
Improving safety on our roads takes good planning, engineering, and education. Raising awareness among young and old drivers, road constructions workers, and law enforcement are all part of the equation. CAIT’s NJ LTAP, TTG, and TSRC programs deliver tools, training, seminars, awareness initiatives, and professional technical support to state and local agencies grappling with safety issues.
Safer pavements, stronger materials, better designed intersections and roads, and traffic control are all components of the safety solutions that CAIT is diligently working on. Security is yet another aspect of safety, and CAIT is partnering with government and other agencies to address it.
Embracing the goals set forth in the U.S. Department of Transportation Strategic Plan, CAIT programs are promoting safety by improving skills and increasing awareness and knowledge among the transportation workforce, decision makers, and the public.